Carephone products are developed from the inside out with the user in mind. We try to ensure our technology is simple and easy to use. Not only that, we look at the design of our products and try to ensure ours are a little more interesting and stylish when compared to telecare and assistive technology from the past. Take a look below for more information on the range and if you require any assistance then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Carephone GPS Watch & 12-Month Subscription
The Carephone GPS Watch combines location-tracking and ‘mobile phone’ functions all in an easy-to-use watch…
• Instantly track the location of your service user, whether they are indoors or outdoors
• Simple-to-use touchscreen means they can easily contact you in an emergency
• Looks and acts just like a normal smartwatch, so they don’t feel like they’re being monitored
How does the watch work?
When someone in your care needs to contact you in an emergency, they simply press the red SOS button for 3 seconds…
- You and up to two other contacts (these three contacts become the emergency alerting chain) will receive a phone call and a text message to let you know that they need help
- And your service user will receive a notification as soon as you ‘accept’ the alert through the SafeMotion web portal, so they know that help is on its way
- The text message you receive will contain a Google Maps link, to allow you to see exactly where they are
- The watch uses WiFi and the mobile network, so you can keep in touch with your service user both indoors and outdoors
- You can also set up ‘Safe movement zone alerts’, so that you will be notified if they leave an area they shouldn’t
Why do you need a subscription?
Just as a mobile phone requires a contract, the watch needs the subscription to cover the costs of the EU roaming SIM card inside the watch, data usage and 30 minutes of emergency calls per month, as well as ongoing software updates.
What else does the web portal do?
As well as being able to access your service user’s location, you can also:
- Respond to their messages
- Set up their medication and appointment reminders
- Add or remove emergency contacts from the alerting chain
- Set up safe movement zones